I gave you a sneak peek of this coin a few weeks ago in this post. It has now be released in all it's glory and is easily the most impressive 2015 lunar goat design unveiled yet:
Downies, who commissioned the coin and started the series last year with the release of the 'Niue 2014 $8 Year Of The Horse 5oz Silver Proof Coin With Selective Gold Plating' provides the following description:
Sure to be one of the hottest 2015 Lunar New Year coins, this massive Year of the Goat tribute is struck from a whopping FIVE OUNCES of silver – and spans an imposing 65mm in diameter!
Certain to be sought after for the imposing dimensions, the exquisite High Relief Proof strike and the beauty of the precisely gold-plated reverse motif, the inevitably powerful wave of demand for this majestic legal tender $8 will in large part be driven by the success of its predecessor – the 2014 $8 Lunar Horse Gold-Plated 5oz Silver Proof. Undoubtedly a contender for ‘Coin of the Year’, the 500-coin mintage of the Year of the Horse Silver 5oz sold out at super speed.
As powerful, as eye-catching and as exclusive as its predecessor, with the mintage just 500 coins, there would seem no doubt that this stunning new release will march down the same path to success. Strike while the iron is hot!
- An exquisite, imposing legal tender tribute to the Year of the Goat
- Exclusive! Ensuring a sell-out, the mintage has been restricted to a mere 500!
- Struck to immaculate Proof quality from a whopping FIVE OUNCES of 99.9% fine silver
- Spans an imposing 65mm in diameter – and features precise selective gold-plating!
- Beautifully presented within an impressive, high-gloss timber case
- Accompanied by an individually serial-numbered Certificate of Authenticity
You can buy it from the Downies website for A$495. It's not a cheap coin, but with such a low mintage and impressive design I would be surprised if it doesn't sell out soon.
Click here to subscribe by email and keep up to date with the latest lunar coin news.